Mater Christi MAT Offices [Barrow or Carlisle]
The Directors of the Mater Christi Trust are looking to appoint an outstanding and experienced Finance Controller who would have responsibility for financial control and management accounting as the Trust’s lead accountant and would work closely with the Chief Operating Officer.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference across our Catholic Trust, and we would be delighted to hear from you.
We need someone who
• Has a complete commitment to Catholic Education and the Bishop’s Vision for Academies in the Diocese of Lancaster.
• Has previous experience of working at this level, developing, monitoring and managing financial controls
• Has a thorough understanding of financial practices and processes
• brings a positive approach to problem solving.
• Is committed to regular professional development.
• Is organised and has a good attention to detail, thoroughness and a high level of integrity.
• Has the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
And someone who will
• Embrace being part of a family of schools, building excellence, sharing good practice and collaborating with others.
• Enable our board to deliver its best strategic leadership and oversight by ensuring that it is effectively supported, informed and developed.
• Provide oversight of all financial controls within the organisation.
• Develop the finance system to ensure its effective use by all.
• Oversee the funds in the academy and ensure that cash movement is monitored and expenditure by fund is accurate.
• Report on the financial position of the organisation and develop the use of reporting for all.
• Provide support for all business managers in the Trust.
We can offer you
• an exciting opportunity to develop this new role.
• a comprehensive induction programme.
• an opportunity to work in settings which value multi-disciplinary and flexible ways of working.
• an opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals who love what they do.
• Access to the local government pension scheme
Interviews will be held on 8th or 12th September 2022.