Director of Workforce Development and Human Resources
Mater Christi Offices [Barrow or Carlisle]
Are you an experienced, self-motivated and ambitious HR leader looking to make an impact in a new and growing Multi Academy Trust? We are looking for a talented HR lead professional with experience of operating at a senior level within a large, complex, people focussed organisation.
Our ideal candidate will bring a strong delivery and problem solving focus with the ability to persuade, influence and secure the confidence of our Trust leaders through building collaborative working relationships. Professional development is key to our ongoing success so our vision is to invest in our employees by establishing our own programmes for staff development and talent management using existing expertise and by building links with partnership organisations. As part of a fast-growing Trust, joining our team offers the right candidate a fantastic opportunity for positive impact and career development.
We know that to achieve our Trust’s vision, it is our people who will make a big difference and this is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference across our Catholic Trust.
We need someone who
• Has a complete commitment to Catholic Education and the Bishop’s Vision for Academies in the Diocese of Lancaster.
• Brings a positive approach to problem solving.
• Is committed to regular professional development.
• Has a strong attention to detail, thoroughness and a high level of integrity.
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
And someone who will
• Embrace being part of a family of schools, building excellence, sharing good practice and collaborating with others.
• Provide clear and inspirational leadership to ensure the Trust has a positive culture that places our staff and their wellbeing at the heart of ensuring excellent outcomes for the children who attend our schools.
• Develop and oversee the delivery of a people strategy for the Trust, working closely with other executive and senior leaders to ensure the Trust has an exciting and evidence-based approach to developing and valuing our staff.
• Provide Strategic Leadership in Succession Planning and Talent Management.
We can offer you
• an exciting opportunity to develop this role.
• a comprehensive induction programme.
• an opportunity to work in settings which value multi-disciplinary ways of working.
• an opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals who love what they do.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Jacky Kennedy, Chief Executive Officer by email: Jacky.Kennedy@mater-christi.com
The role is offered as Term Time Only plus two weeks.
Applications must be received by 9am on 10th October 2022
Interview: Thursday 13th or Friday 14th October tbc